Tuesday, May 26, 2015

How Time Fly's!

I just realized as I was looking at the pictures on my phone that I have really been slacking with our blog! I apologize. :) I'll get better at it, I promise!

Thursday (May 14th) We went on another 20 mile bike ride!


Friday (May 15th) my whole family went to the SLC temple to do an endowment session. It was the first time (other than my temple sealing) that my whole family was able to go into the temple because my little sister, Madison, had gone through the temple in preparation for her mission. That was a really special day for all of us. Craig and I were chosen to be the witness couple... we had both accidentally fallen asleep in the chapel (we had a long day at work! ;) ) when we were woken up by the temple worker... I told Craig he only chose us so that we'd stay awake during the session, haha! And we did.


Tuesday (May 19th) was a big day for my boss and his wife (Spencer and Rachel) Craig Culver came to do a ribbon cutting at the store, so we had a big breakfast and got free culver's water bottles! Erica (my sister in law) and her son, McKay, came to it.
 He's so cute!


The Craig Culver :)


Tuesday night after work we were headed to my parents house because Maddie was going to be set apart (given a blessing) for her mission and on our way there we stopped at DI to find a ladder. Craig had a really cool idea to get a ladder and then put our pants on it... we searched and searched... couldn't find one and then I had the idea to go over to where they have bed stands and we found this one that looked a lot like a ladder, haha! So we bought it! 




We then went to spend time with Maddie. She had a really amazing setting apart! A member from our stake presidency, President Miller, was the one who gave her the blessing and set her apart as a full time missionary. It was really neat that he was the one who did it because he was our Bishop growing up. He is someone that both Maddie and I feel like played a big part in helping us prepare for missions. He told a really cool story about when he spent some time with President Eyring and he told him the process of how missionaries are called. It was really powerful! President Eyring said that sometimes he and the apostles will go weeks and months with out really getting answers to their prayers or receiving much instruction from Heavenly Father, but when he goes in to call missionaries he receives almost immediate direction from Heavenly Father. I thought that was pretty incredible! And it made me feel better that even an apostle doesn't always get immediate answers to his prayers like me, haha. 


When we got home that night, I came out of the bathroom and found Craig like this... haha!
We decided that since I didn't work until 5 on Thursday that we would go camping on Wednesday night... Craig claimed that he was just testing out my sleeping bag to make sure it'll work for the next day... he's a goof. 

Wednesday (May 20th) Maddie left to the MTC! She came into Culver's to say goodbye to me. I couldn't be more proud of her! After work we headed to REI to pick up a few camping things that we paid for with the money Craig's parents gave us for our wedding :) 


He bought a sleeping bag... but of course he had to try it out... in the middle of the store, hahaha! And I got a back pack. We ate at jimmy johns then headed over to American Fork Canyon where we were going to camp for the night!  


We found this little house on our hike


We were going to sleep out side on the hammock but it was too rainy and cold so Craig put down the seats in the back of the car and we slept back there... I think I'm still a little sore from it ;) 

Friday (May 22) I went to pick Craig up after work and as I was driving there I saw him walking around in one of the fields by his work, haha! So I pulled over and he was strolling around the grass field picking wild flowers for me... sometimes I don't know if I should laugh at what he does or think it's the cutest thing ever. This time it was a little of both. 

Then for dinner that night Craig insisted that we make a soup with our blender. When it comes to some of his ideas I just let him take the reigns because he'll do it anyway, haha! He pulled out his blendtech cook book and found the soup that he made during a class that he took at work (that's what gave him the idea....) Anyway, we didn't have half of the ingredients but, hey, when Craig's cooking, you don't really need a recipe... ever... sooo he just started to put who knows what in. Yeah. He kept accusing me of being skeptical... but can you blame me?! 

Yes, that is hot sauce and don't even ask what those spices are because I have no idea, haha!

Whala!

In his defense it actually turned out really good!! But... not sure we'll go with out a recipe next time. 

Saturday (May 23rd) We went to Bed Bath and Beyond to get Craig a new pillow and a rack to hold our shoes, we also went swimming with Erica, Rich, and Mckay, which was really fun!


Later that night my sister, Cassi, went into labor and the next morning at 4AM she delivered Graham Henry Hallock (Cutest little boy alive!!) I seriously am obsessed!




Well, that's all for this week! I am in California with my dad until Friday and Craig is going backpacking with our good friend, Forrest, so we'll update you at the end of the week!

2 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog and seeing how happy you are and how well you are doing. Love and miss you! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it too Rebekah and love all the pictures. Stay happy and always have fun. 💕

    ReplyDelete