Saturday, September 26, 2015

Italy!




Our First Week In Rome! 



We loved all of the little streets and just walking around.

The first place that we got pizza!
We just wondered into this church, haha! It was beautiful!
I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS CAR!!!
GELATO!!... yes, we ate it every day!


FUNNY STORY! 
So we were walking around and we went to get some money from the ATM and right then Craig realized that he didn't know his pin (he just got a new card) and so we could exchange for money!! So we looked at the gyros that we had and it was seriously like one gyro and couple of pennies... so we decided it was getting late anyway and started to walk towards where we would wait for the bus... well, this indian man with roses kept putting them in my hand and was saying, "She is so beautiful! she deserves 6 roses!" well we both new that he wasn't giving me roses because I was "beautiful"... it was because he wanted money! So I kept walking and the guy turned towards craig and said, "common, give me some money for them..." and craig gave him the one gyro and the pennies... and the guy laughed and said, "no, really... give me more... common..." so craig lifted up his wallet over the guys hand and tipped it upside down and said, "that's all we have... really." They guy got upset and took all the roses but two! Hahahaha! We were dying!



The wonderful metro we took almost everyday!


Craig's first treats from Italy

Craig got us an awesome tour of the Vatican and it was really amazing!! We had a great day! ... one thing that was funny though, is there was probably about 10 buses of asian tours! haha! We got a kick out of that just because they were always to enthusiastic about every place. It was really cute. 

One of my favorites from the vatican

This is a picture Craig took of the Colosseum- we got to take a great tour! 
A random cat that we found inside the Colosseum!






OK. So, this was the place we ate EVERY DAY! It was just down the street from our hotel and Craig became really good friends with the owner of the restaurant. He would always give us free water bottles and make everything fresh for us. 

This is the owner! Love this man! We make the joke though, that this looks like a total missionary picture... it looks like craig is with an investigator, hahaha! Just with the awkward stance and all... anyway, super funny!


He sat like this ALL DAY... poor guy. 

Inside the bus! Good times.
 When we went to church in Rome!
Everyone smokes. Everyone.




Our Second Week In Venice

My parents got us this AMAZING hotel in Venice!! It was on it's OWN ISLAND!! We had to take a personal boat to get there.

When we arrived they had a plate of Macaroons waiting for us... I was already in love.

They also had an amazing free breakfast and the first morning Craig went CRAZY!! It had all of these different sections for meat, fruit, omelettes, muffins, cereal, drinks... and anything else you could ever want.
He was so full he almost didn't even make it out of the lobby! haha!
I thought it was super cute that they hug their clothes out on a line... Craig made fun of me for taking this picture... but I still think it's so cute!





I went into the bath room and found this... so I asked Craig what he was doing to his watch and he said, "It has gotten really sweaty so I am trying to soak it...." hahaha!


We were walking around and I realized that I had the same outfit on as the gondola drivers!


On our last night in Venice we found this little place to sit. We sat there and played chess on our phones for a good 2 hours, haha! Craig taught me how to play chess while on our trip, and I'm determined to beat him. 


ON OUR WAY HOME!
 While we were on the plane, I looked over and Craig had his eye mask on his head ready to take a long nap... I about died laughing!

The first thing we ate back in America was a burrito!! We had been craving them like crazy!! ... Although this burrito wasn't very good... haha


Well, that was our trip!! Love you all! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks you so much for sharing your wonderful trip. Looks like you had such a fun time. Great pictures of the two of you beautiful people. So happy that you were able to take this time before school started again. Happy happy for you.Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete